About Dr Heather Sequeira: Consultant Psychologist
My focus is developing your resilience, optimum performance and good mental health. Many people approach me when they have already tried therapy elsewhere and are not getting the results that they want. Frequently it is the wrong therapy, the wrong therapist or both. This is where I can offer you the specialist approach.
I am respectful of the financial and, just as important, the time investment that you make in this process.
As a specialist in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for anxiety, trauma and stress related issues I don’t pretend to be a ‘jack of all trades’ but to hone my specialist skills to offer you the most effective and most efficient approach to address your individual issues.
Key benefits at a glance
- 19 Years post-qualification on going training & specialist practice
- Specialist CBT in stress, trauma & anxiety
- Professional high end consulting
- I am a clinical trainer of other psychologists (Clinical & Counselling Psychologists) and mental health professionals in PTSD & Trauma, Stress & OCD see https://www.ptsdtraumaworkshops.co.uk/
- Registered with the major UK health insurance companies BUPA, AXA, AVIVA & others
Dr Heather Sequeira PhD: Qualification, Accreditations
- Chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Accredited with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- A published & acclaimed PhD in trauma
- NHS Practitoner
- Trainer of psychologists
- Doctorate level supervisor & examiner
- National & International Conference presentation
- CBT Specialist in Stress, trauma, anxiety & OCD
- Mentor to early career psychologists.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
Need more info about my services?
For Face-to-Face sessions, telephone or Skype sessions.
Always happy to help. Contact me via the contact form
Outside my private practice I specialist clinician and trainer at PTSDTraumaWorkshops (British Psychological Society Approved training for psychologists and mental health professionals). I am also a visiting lecturer at University of Birmingham and University of Coventry.
I have presented nationally and internationally.
Regular Contributor to Radio & National Newspapers:
As a former Trauma Researcher I conducted my PhD (University of London) with Professor Sheila Baroness Hollins (Former President of the British Medical Association) in the field of psychological trauma. I have published articles on traumatic experience in leading international journals and presented at international conferences.
For professional training PTSD, Trauma, OCD & Associated issues see