Responsible authority within the meaning of data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Dr Heather Sequeira.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in my control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by me.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by usme
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to my own legitimate interests and professional regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact Dr Heather Sequeira
I will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with my legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
I may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at my own discretion.
Grounds for data collection
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances;
- Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting Dr Heather Sequeira.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Consent. We rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data in relation to sending you messages or giving you phone calls when you have requested information.
Processing of your personal information (i.e. any information which may potentially allow your identification through reasonable means; hereinafter “Personal Information”) is necessary for the performance of my contractual obligations towards you and providing you with my services, to protect my legitimate interests and for compliance with clinical, professional, legal and financial regulatory obligations to which I are subject.
What information do I collect?
I collect two types of data and information from Users.
- The first type of information is unidentified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
- The second type of information Personal Information , which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such information includes:
- Information that you voluntarily give me if you send me an email message, complete my contact form or send me a text message or phone me (e.g. First Name, Last Name, Title, Address, Work/Home address, Email Address, Telephone Numbers).
- Device Information: I collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- How do we receive information about you?
- We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide me with your personal details when you send me a message, complete a contact form on the site or phone me or when you obtain services from me.
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of my services;
- From third-party providers, services and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
How is the information used? With whom do we share the information?
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you – sending you information regarding my services (via phone, contact form or message) providing you with administrative information and responding to any therapy service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed about services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market my website and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- For statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site
- In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating the Site;
- Storing and processing such information on my behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and to assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help me retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics;
- I may also disclose information if I have good reason to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce my policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, my users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help make sure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- a. ‘session cookies’ , which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- b. ‘persistent cookies’, which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- c. ‘third-party cookies’ , which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third-party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
I use a tool which is based on the Snowplow Analytics technology to collect information about your use of the Site. The tool collects information such as how often users access the Site, which pages they visit when they do so, etc. The tool does not collect any Personal Information and is only used by our Site hosting and operating service provider to improve the Site and services.
Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
In order to present our contents correctly and make them graphically appealing across all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts) on this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser’s cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font.
Calling script libraries or font libraries automatically triggers a connection to the library operator. In theory, it is possible – but currently also unclear whether and, if so, for what purposes – that operators of corresponding libraries collect data.
Third-party collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use a third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the Site. This technology uses your information with regards to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow the use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorisation by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
How to contact me
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information I collect about you in therapy sessions and how I use it, you can contact me at email@example.com
Dr Heather Sequeira
Mailing Address Only: 75 Shelton Street WC2H 9JQ
Last Modified 14/6/18
Name of company
Dr Heather Sequeira
Psychologist Milton Keynes
Please use the contact form to send me a message
Chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
Chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
Registered Psychologist with the Health Professions Council (HPCP)
BUPA & AXA Registered